There are 2 Market activation opportunites at Visa - London based with responsibility for Northern and Southern Europe.
Visa Europe is owned and operated by more than 4,000 European member banks and was incorporated in July 2004. In October 2007, Visa Europe became independent of the new global Visa Inc., with an exclusive, irrevocable and perpetual licence in Europe. As a dedicated European payment system it is able to respond quickly to the specific market needs of European banks and their customers - cardholders and retailers - and to meet the European Commission’s objective to create a true internal market for payments.
Visa enjoys unsurpassed acceptance around the world. In addition, Visa/PLUS is one of the world’s largest global ATM networks, offering cash access in local currency in over 200 countries.
These roles are accountable for developing, implementing and evaluating the communications plans and activities for their markets
The successful candidates will demonstrate the drive to lead the communications agenda for their markets working within a centralised approach whilst delivering the most effective solutions for each territory covered.
The person needs to be both ‘hands on’ in terms of implementation and also add real value in the strategic planning of communications.
The role requires an experienced communications expert, likely to have previously worked as a Senior Brand Manager (FMCG) or an Account/Planning Director at a communications agency.
• Extensive experience within marketing or communication roles covering financial services, FMCG, telecommunications or technology sectors.
• Demonstrable experience of managing and developing a team
• Experience of working across multiple European markets and cultures
• Good understanding of both ‘traditional’ and new/innovative media/communication channels
• Proven ability to show understanding of ROI and other marketing KPIs.
• Ability to multi task, prioritise according to business objectives, cope under pressure and deliver to tight deadlines
• Experience of using communications for customer acquisition
• Experience in developing and delivering promotions – including brief, mechanics, legalities, creative and fulfilment including the complexities of Visa’s ability to ‘see’ all data
• Strong presentation skills, both in putting presentations together and their delivery.
• Excellent influencing and communication skills to manage senior level internal and external stakeholders and to secure buy-in
• Team player to work in a matrix management organisation with a ‘can do’ attitude and a flexible approach to working – i.e. ‘Do what needs to be done’ – capable and determined to make things happen
• Proven ability to manage significant budgets
These are exciting opportunities to progress your career in a pan-European environment dealing with the biggest brands in the Financial Services sector.
For more information on the roles and how to apply go to http://www.cardandpaymentjobs.com/