Optimal Payments specializes in high security payment gateway and money transfer services through its NETBANX and NETELLER platforms, giving merchants and consumers the freedom to safely manage and move their money online. We are a market leading international payments provider that offers innovative payments solutions that help reduce fraud, increase conversions and revenues.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Perl Developer to help build and integrate focused, finance-based products into e-commerce and banking payment systems. This role reports to the Lead Developer and will interact closely with several internal departments and end users in the UK as well as in North America, and will liaise with merchants and integrated third parties and banks.
Primary duties and key performance targets will include:
- Development of new products and applications
- Support and maintenance of existing applications
- Resolution of queries and tickets from internal and external users
- Experience as a software developer
- Perl 5, DBI, POD, Linux, a version control system
- MVC frameworks, ORM, SOAP/XML-RPC, JSON, IPC
- Excellent (X)HTML, Document Object Model, Web Standards
- In Depth knowledge of Cascading style sheets
- Multi Browser development
- Awareness of web accessibility
- Awareness of workflows and user experience patterns
- Ability to clearly estimate effort
- Clearly translate customer requirements into deliverables
- Creation of custom graphics from scratch
- JSON and XML familiarity
- Data presentation skills (Graphs, Tables, Charts)
- Application interface design skills
- Any financial systems experience
- Knowledge of PCI practices an advantage.
- Knowledge of card or payment processing an advantage
- Knowledge of APACS70 or ISO8583 an advantage
- A versatile problem solver who can work efficiently under pressure.
- Demonstrated team spirit and ability to work in a small group.
- Willing to work extended or occasionally unsociable hours.
- Able to pick up new disciplines quickly and support other technology specialists.
- Strong attention to detail and good communications skills.
- Must be approachable and open to alternative points of view.
- Must be unafraid to stand their own ground and escalate problems and obstructions to management.
Working Conditions (hours/locations):
The working hours will be 09.00 – 17.30 Monday to Friday. This full-time position will be based out of Optimal Payments’ Cambridge office. The expected start date is as soon as possible.
To apply click on the link: http://www.cardandpaymentjobs.com/hot/jobs/software-developer-3016.htm