Business Partner – Visa France & Support
• To provide financial & commercial support to the Visa France, SVSPS and Finance divisions in order to assist the EVP and senior management to achieve its budgeted and strategic financial goals.
• To act as a Finance Business Partner to the France, SVSPS and Finance divisions by providing reporting, analysis and advice on all matters relating to Revenues, Expenses, project Finance and Balance Sheet matters.
• To act as an effective business challenge in respect of performance against budget, budget setting, planning, scorecards and viability of new initiatives; e.g: product/service profitability.
• To analyse and interpret data to ensure appropriate commercial decisions can be made by the EVP of the relevant division.
• To provide appropriate accountancy support for major divisional projects ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget and ensuring control mechanisms are implemented.
• Without this function these Divisions would receive vanilla financial reports without analysis and interpretation.
This role reports into the Head of Management Information and will have the following responsibilities:
• Oversee Divisional Revenue, Expense and Balance Sheet accounting: Ensure the appropriate processes, systems and controls are in place for journal posting to timely and accurate revenue, expenses and balance sheet items. This is to ensure integrity of data recording and thereby accurate reflection in the company’s books and records in accordance with accounting standards.
• Revenue, Expense and Balance Sheet reporting: To understand, interpret and communicate (written and verbal) current financial position with value added and insightful analysis to ensure the MI and analysis that the EMC, Divisional and cost centre managers, Head of MI and CFO receive is accurate and appropriate.
• Revenue, Expense and Balance Sheet planning, budgeting and forecasting: Use underlying trends, future business plans and external market factors to assist with the composition of; short term forecasts (current financial year), budgets (next financial year), 3 year plans and forecasts. This is to ensure the MI and analysis for budgeting and planning that the EMC, Divisional and cost centre managers, Head of MI and CFO receive is accurate and appropriate.
• Business Knowledge: Maintain and build a detailed knowledge and understanding of the divisions business drivers and have a comprehensive understanding of how this fits into the overall Visa Europe business strategy.
• Business Driver analysis: Understand, interpret and communicate (written and verbal) the impact of key statistical drivers (e.g. POS data) with value added and insightful analysis to ensure the MI and analysis that the EMC, Divisional and cost centre managers, Head of MI and CFO receive is accurate and appropriate.
• Ad hoc reporting: Generate one off reports and analyse results for Divisional and cost centre managers to explain variances and trends not covered by standard reporting.
• Stakeholder Management: Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the EVP of the division and their direct reports and within the Finance division. This will allow effective business challenge in respect of performance against budget, budget setting and viability of new initiatives and leadership skills needed to delegate to and motivate members of the Finance division.
• Management responsibility for a supporting Business Analyst
• The successful candidate is likely to be ACA/ACCA/ACMA qualified
• The successful candidate is likely to be educated to degree level or equivalent
• The post holder will likely possess a minimum of 3 years PQE
• The post holder will likely possess a minimum of 5 years in a MI related role, incorporating planning and reporting duties
• The successful candidate will speak fluent French
• The successful candidate will be prepared to travel regularly to the Paris office
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent MS Excel skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Good MS Powerpoint skills
• Strong people management and stakeholder management skills
• Ability to interrogate data and ask probing questions to determine information
• Card Services or Financial Services (preferably Retail Banking) preferred
• Knowledge of Hyperion financial suite
If you would like to apply for this exciting opportunity, please go to www.cardandpaymentjobs.com