Visa Europe today became the latest new advertiser on the leading card and payment job board http://www.cardandpaymentjobs.com
They are seeking a Senior Manager, Product Development - Authentication.
The role is detailed below:
Senior Manager, Product Development - Authentication
E-commerce continues to grow quickly and is undergoing a transformative phase with the mobilisation of the internet, the proliferation of connected devices, the fast adoption of social and local technologies by merchants and developers and the rapidly evolving consumer demand. Our vision is to develop the propositions to position Visa payment scheme of choice for e-commerce.
In this environment, Authentication becomes a truly strategically critical component of Visa payments. The Authentication team’s challenge is to shape the future-proof authentication framework (Authentication 2.0) that powers the e-commerce element of the Visa Future of Payments vision.
Put simply, you will develop and bring to market commercially viable authentication propositions (and possibly products) that ultimately help differentiate Visa in e-commerce. You will endeavour to do this in an agile manner; will leverage Visa’s existing authentication assets where applicable (i.e. Verified by Visa, V.me authentication engine) but not be constrained by them and will actively explore the external partnerships route.
You will be naturally curious about the topic, have a solid commercial product and partnership development background, and bring an external and future orientated perspective to VE’s thinking and plans.
• Contribute to the development of the Authentication 2.0 roadmap
• Develop the Authentication 2.0 roadmap’s individual propositions and be their ‘product’ owner (the majority of propositions will be components but some may be products in their own right)
• Develop the corresponding commercialisation models and go-to-market strategies (inc. related investment proposals)
• Develop new and maintain existing authentication-related partnerships and manage all related commercial aspects (licensing, investments, partnership agreements, IP etc)
• Work very closely with the team’s Senior Authentication Architect to ensure that the propositions are technically sound; consultatively with the Risk, V.me and mobile teams; and under the governance of the Authentication Council
• Lead our “outside in” thinking in this area by keeping abreast of external developments in authentication (payments and non-payments), identifying the critical areas (i.e. device fingerprinting, browser-based, mobile authentication, biometrics. models etc), benchmarking the key players in each area to bear on our plans
• Be an active Authentication champion internally and represent VE in the market place
• Extensive new product development experience in ideally the authentication industry or a related one e.g. payments, fraud management, IT security
• Significant partnership development experience in ideally the authentication industry or a related one e.g. payments, fraud management, IT security
• Track record of developing and bringing to market commercially viable propositions in ideally the authentication industry or a related one e.g. payments, fraud management, IT security
• Excellent people and relationship building/management skills with the gravitas to credibly engage with internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Business knowledge of ecommerce, fraud and authentication
• Experience in Innovation
• Lateral thinker
To apply for this exciting role with a leading player in the payment space, go to :